“How is God working in your life?” “How would you like God to be working?” "What is your prayer discipline?"
Spiritual discipline of thoughtful prayer (Philippians 4:6-7)
What are you anxious about? Take those concerns to God in prayer in every situation. What do you desire for your life? Take those desires to God in prayer. What do you desire for your loved ones, for your neighbors, and for our world? Take those concerns to God in prayer.
This is where/how we connect to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Daily Prayer Guide—Examples (of how to pray systematically)
1. Personal concerns (1 Samuel 1:10-11; Hebrews 4:14-16)
My heart’s desire: (sample) to fully abide in Jesus, living a Christ-centered, Spirit-led life, full of wisdom, truth, righteousness, peace, joy, and love
2. Family (Eph. 3:25-28, 33; 6:1-4)
• Start at home, get it right from your failures.
My daily prayer: (sample) “Lord God, please help me to live fully, love deeply, and give freely, so that others will know and experience you through me.”
3. Friendship/Relationships (Matt. 22:37-40)
• What do I need to see about this person that I haven’t noticed before?
• What is God’s heart for him/her?
• What are my responsibilities, contribution, attitude, and effort in this relationship?
4. Work (1 Tim. 2:1)
• How are you praying for your boss, co-workers, clients; Board of directors, and others who are in positions of authority in your life? Do you pray for them at all for their well being?
• What is your attitude toward your job and responsibilities?
• How could you pray for the quality of your work and the impact of your presence on others at your job? Pray for your best/next level growth.
5. Church (Eph. 3:14-21)• How are you praying for NLIF?
6. Ministry (Eph. 2:10; 2 Tim. 2:15)
My mission: What is your mission in life?
It should come from the awareness of what you failed to do and feel you should do.
Application: Time for quiet reflection
This coming week is a week of prayer for our church. Our theme is “going deeper in our prayer lives.” Each day, we will individually be praying in the six areas that I’ve highlighted this morning, based on your own priorities and prayers.
What are the desires of your heart? What do you believe God’s will is in each of these arenas? How is God speaking to you about your attitudes and actions? What movement do you feel the Spirit is leading you to make?
Write down at least one thing you want to pray for in each of the following categories on the designated day this coming week.
Come join our English service of this international congregation in Yangon.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.