Series of "The Tree of Life" on the Pentateuch #4
"Through the Water" (Exodus 14:27-30)
Life and water, they cannot be separated from each other. Water is an essential element to sustain our life and at the same time, it is also an agent to remove evil.
Incidents related to water are very characteristic in the Torah, especially in the first two books, Genesis and Exodus. They are all very dramatic and many people know about them. Today, we will study the theme, “Through the Water.”
1. The Flood and Noah’s Ark
2. The Red Sea and the Egyptian Army
3. The Nile River and the New Life
Read this sermon...
1. “Now the LORD observed the extent of the people's wickedness, and he saw that all their thoughts were consistently and totally evil. (Gen 6:5 NLT)” What thoughts might Noah have had for the people? What might his life have been like as he was called a righteous man (Gen 6:9)?
- What is your view of current society? What would the life of a righteous person look like today?
2. If you were Moses’ mother, what might have been your prayer when you left him at the Nile? What might have been your thoughts when Pharaoh’s daughter found him? What thoughts would you have had when you were asked to take care of him by Pharaoh’s daughter? How would you raise Moses while you looked after him for Pharaoh’s daughter?
- Is there anything you can apply to your life from these thoughts?
3. Imagine you are taking water baptism next Sunday. What would you share at church? (If you’ve not been baptized yet, this may be a divine opportunity for you to take it. Why don’t you pray about it?)
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our Live Online Sunday Worship Service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.