1 Samuel 2:30
What is honour? It is a scout's honour to be commended "What you say is true."
Who is worthy of honor? "To the Lamb who is worthy of praise, glory, honor..." (Rev. 5:12-13). "They honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me," says the Lord (Isaiah 29:13-15).
Examples of who honor who? Queen of Sheba honors King Solomon (1 Kings 10:10); Jacob honors the Egyptian ruler (Gen. 43:11); Abigail honors King David (1 Sam. 25:23-31); The Shunamite woman honors Elisha (2 Kings 4:9-10); Jesus is honored by the woman of Bethany with her oil (Mark 4:3-9). Psalm 91:14-16 gives us principles of loving and acknowledging God.
1) Treat those in authority with honor (Rom. 13:1-7); pray for them (1 Tim. 1:1-2); obey and submit to them (Heb. 13:17); respect everyone, honor the emperor (1 Pet. 2:17, 20-21).
2) Treat one another with honor (Rom. 12:10; Matt. 25:40).
3) Treat our spouses with honor (1 Pet. 3:1-7).
4) Honor the Lord with our possessions (Prov. 3:9; Mal. 3:8).
5) Honor the Lord with our bodies (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
6) Honor our spiritual leaders (1 Tim. 5:17).
7) Honor our parents (Eph. 6:1-2).
Honor vs. Dishonor within us: to be fit for the Master's use (2 Tim. 2:20-21).
Jesus is our role-model (Psalm 111:3).
We are called to live a life worthy of the gospel of Christ (Phil. 1:27).
Join us in our English congregation of the International Church in Yangon.
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life