Series of "The Call to Undivided Intimacy"
“The Words of Love”
The Ten Commandments are God’s words of love. His words of love for his redeemed people. His covenant sealed by his blood. His call to his people, “I care for you like this. I made you to live like this so that you will never leave my love. Be careful about these things. Don’t go there, it’s dangerous. Respect one another like this. Then love will spread and deepen among you.”
For Lifenet groups and personal reflection
1) Sometimes God speaks strict words for our protection. Have you ever experienced something like this?
2) God has created laws and we are under them. We cannot bargain with the Lord over them. One of them is the law of gravity. Can you think about other things?
3) Read Exodus 19:5-6. What was God’s plan for Israel? What would it be like to live as God’s treasured possession, a kingdom of priests and a holy nation?
4) Why is it hard to receive love sometimes? How did you come to receive the love of God? Or do you find it hard to receive and remain in his love? If so, why?
5) Read John 17:21-23. What does God speak to you? What is his promise? What does he want you to be? What is your response? What is holding you back, if any?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.