the series of “The Call to Undivided Intimacy”
the 9th Commandment
“The Power of Speaking the Truth”
“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.”
The primary purpose of this law is to protect you from false testimonies, and to prevent you from giving false testimonies.
We give a false testimony, when we gossip, slander, libel, exaggerate, give white lies, and half-truths.
When truth is replaced by a lie, deceit or dishonesty in any relationship, that relationship loses its value. This commandment is a great gift from God to protect our relationship.
The truth must be spoken in love (Eph 4:15). The matter is what you have in your heart (Matt 12:34). If we want to speak the truth in love, first we must remain in God’s love. And we ourselves must live in the truth, walk in the light of God, not in the darkness.
For LifeNet groups and Personal reflections:
1. What kind of power do our words have?
2. Have you ever experienced finding out that what someone told you about himself turned out to be a lie? How did it affect your relationship with the person?
3. Have you ever had someone come along side you, and tell you the truth in love, though it was something difficult for you to hear? Or have you ever had someone told you the truth to build you up?
4. Why is it difficult to be honest before God sometimes? What is our heart condition like when we can’t be honest before God? Read Psalm 32:3-5.
5. Tell your story about God’s truth, mercy, comfort and encouragement.
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service!
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life