the series “The Call to Undivided Intimacy” studying the Ten Commandments
#3 “The One at the Center of All” (Exodus 20:3)
1. What is the Center of Your Life?
2. God tested Abraham
3. The One at the center of all your life
(2) Before Me
(3) Shoud have no others gods
Read this sermon ...
For Self-Reflection and Small Groups
1. It is helpful to evaluate our own lives according to the first commandment.
- Focus. What is your focus? What do you think about it? What are you watching?
- Income. How do you spend your money?
- Relationships. Who influences your life? Who are you trying to please?
- Spiritual food. How is your spiritual diet? What place does the Word of God really have in your life?
- Time. How do you spend your time?
2. Read Genesis 22:1-14.
1) What are “these things (v.1)”?
2) What was God’s test for Abraham about? (v.12)
3) What could be at the center for Abraham other than God?
4) List the top five good things in your life. How can they become your center or idol?
5) What is the challenge for you to observe the first commandment?
6) How do v.13-14 speak to you? What do these verses encourage you to do?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our online Worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.