Series of "Living in the in-between"
“The Arrival of the Kingdom”
(Acts 1:3-8) (MP4)
What is the purpose of our lives? What are the things God is calling us to do? It’s to be his witness, not to do witness. To be his witness is first, then, since we live as his witnesses, all we do is witnessing for him. We as a church are not imitating, nor trying to be more like the world. But we church want to be more like the Gospel. We are imitating Christ. We are reflecting the character and nature of God. The key for this is the power of the Holy Spirit.
Today, we will look at the connection between the power of the Holy Spirit and the arrival of the Kingdom of God.
For Lifenet groups and personal reflection
1. The primary meaning of the Kingdom of God is God’s reign. Why is it essential for us to be filled with the Holy Spirit for the Kingdom to be recognized in the world?
2. John the Baptist testified three things about Jesus (John 1:29, 32-34). How can the Lord’s prayer (Matt 6:9-13) be answered in our daily life through Jesus?
3. Which state of being filled with the Holy Spirit do you most long for?
- Being free from sin (Rom 8:2)
- Living right (Gal 5:16)
- Demonstrating the truth (John 16:13)
- Caring for life and peace (Rom 8:6)
- Glorifying Jesus as the Holy Spirit does (John 16:14)
- Reflecting the characters of Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18: 2:14-15)
- Having Jesus dwelling in us (Gal 2:20)
4. Read Isaiah 58:11 and John 7:37-38. What do these words mean for you?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life