Series of “Church”
“Seeking God’s Power in Prayer”
(Acts 4:23-31) (MP4)
1. As the community grew, the opposition also grew
2. Praying together
3. Seeking God’s power in prayer
(1) Their prayer was for others, not for themselves.
(2) The gospel is worthy to be preached even though it is costly.
4. God’s answer: Filling with the Holy Spirit
For Lifenet groups and Personal reflection
1. Have you ever faced a difficult situation because of your faith in Jesus? What did you do?
- Read 1 Peter 4:14. What does the Lord speak to you?
2. The gospel is worthy to be preached even though it is costly. What does this mean to you?
3. List up the things the early Christians could do because of the Holy Spirit.
- Is there anything in the list you’re trying to do by your own strength? What change do you need to make (describe it as specific as possible)?
4. Peter and John went back to their own people (Acts 4:23). Do you have your “own people” whom you devoted yourselves to, and who stand with you, and care for each other?
- What would you do to make NLIF a place where people feel even more that they have their “own people”?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.