Hebrews 12:1-3; 2 Timothy 4:6-8
Christian life is like a marathon, not a rat-race.
How is life like a race?
1. Its course is mapped out (Ps. 139:6).
2. It has a start and a finish (Jer. 1:5; Heb. 9:27).
3. The course will have its challenges, so steadfastness or resilience is needed (James 1:2; 2 Cor. 4:8).
4. A judge keeps over the race (Heb. 4:13).
5. There will be honors at the end of the race (Phil. 3:14).
What does it take to be a winner?
1. It is about finishing the race, not finishing first (2 Tim. 4:7).
2. Prevailing any race takes efforts.
3. Running in humble dependence on the Lord
4. We have a couch to guide and teach us.
5. We may fall many times, but one more get up will help us to finish.
6. We don't run alone, but with fellow believers (2 Tim. 2:22). There are 59 verses in the New Testament about "one another."
Come join us at our English service of the International Church in Yangon!
Click to set custom HTML
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life