the series of “The Dynamic Love Story” looking at Acts
#4 “Rejoicing in New Life” (Acts 8:26-39)
1. He Went to Jerusalem to Worship
2. Who Is the Man?
3. Taking Water Baptism
4. A Continuation of the Story
Read this sermon...
For Self-Reflection and Small Groups
1. It was believed that a eunuch, castrated male was impure, disgraceful, forever cut off from the covenant community (Lev 21:18-20, Deut 23:1)
(1) What hope might the Ethiopian eunuch have had on his way to Jerusalem to worship?
(2) Can you see the similar kind of belief or mindset in our days? If any, how does it affect church?2. What kind of culture or tradition prevent people from following the Word in your society?
3. What does this story of an Ethiopian eunuch teach us in terms of the expansion of the Word of God, and the ministry of reconciliation? How can it be applied to church today?
NLIF is an international church ministring online. Join our Sunday online worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.