International Day of Praise
“Praise, How Great is our God”
(Jeremiah 33:10-11; Revelation 19:5-7)
Praise will connect us to our great God in the midst of our real circumstances. When we praise the Lord, our hearts will be turned to the Words of the Lord, to the heart of the Lord, and we are led to the presence of the Lord. When we continue to praise the Lord, our hearts will receive the work of the Lord, and be healed and strengthened. We will find true hope in the midst of hopelessness. We will find true peace in the midst of anxiety.
For Lifenet groups and personal reflections
1. Jerusalem was surrounded by the army of the king of Babylon (587BC). It looked like the city was going to be handed over to Babylonians, and destroyed.
1) If you were in that situation, what thoughts might you have?
2) Read Jeremiah 33:10-12. What might be your response to the words?
3) In the days of Nehemiah, the temple in Jerusalem was rebuilt (515BC). And people rejoiced and sang praises to the Lord. What does this fact teach you?
2. Praise will connect us to our great God in the midst of our real circumstances.
1) Against what situation or problem or issue, would you like to proclaim “my God is mightier than you”?
2) What kind of empowerment do you need to your faith?
3) Sing the song “How Great is our God” and observe what is going on in your mind and spirit. In praising, be open to the Holy Spirit and let him minister to you.
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.