“No one is too far from the love of God”
1. A greater plan
2. Philip met an Ethiopian eunuch
3. Went to Jerusalem to worship
4. Who is the man?
5. Taking Water baptism
6. A continuation of the story
For Lifenet groups and personal reflection
1. Read Acts 8:26-39. Philip’s ministry in Samaria was just started. It seemed to go very successful. Then he was told "Go south to the road --the desert road-- that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza. (v.26)". If you were him, what kind of thoughts might you have?
2. It was believed that a eunuch, castrated male was impure, disgraceful, forever cut off from the covenant community (Lev 21:18-20, Deut 23:1).
1) What hope might the Ethiopian eunuch have on the way to Jerusalem to worship?
2) Can you see the similar kind of belief or mindset in our days? If any, how does it affect church?
3. What and how does this story of an Ethiopian eunuch indicate in terms of expansion for the Word of God, the ministry of reconciliation? How can it be applied to church today?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service!
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.