“Moving Through Walls”
The new year has begun. We look forward the great works of our great Lord. At the same time, we may face unexpected incidents, difficulties or walls. But they will be opportunities for us to grow. In his book “Saying Yes to God” Tim says “Hitting a wall is actually a positive sign that you are growing… The wall prepares you to experience God and to develop in new ways, previously unavailable to you.”
Our topic for today is “Moving Through Walls.” It’s a very simple message. You’ll face walls, I’ll face walls. And we can go through them. “Hitting wall is a sign of hope, because it means you are now ready to listen to God in a new way and at a new depth.” It is our spiritual journey.
For Lifenet groups or personal reflection
1) What was your view of a Christian life like before this session? How did this session change your view, especially about hitting walls?
2) What are some possible reasons why we have a hard time accepting and moving through walls?
3) - Read John 21:2-3. What kind of situation were they in? Imagine the thoughts and feelings they might have had. Can you think where was Jesus while Peter and others were fishing in the night?
- Read John 21:17-19. Rephrase Peter’s words on v.17, reflecting your thoughts and feelings in your current situation.
- While Peter was struggling to answer Jesus’ question “Do you love me?” where was Jesus? Where was Jesus taking Peter in his journey with him?
- What did God speak to you? How would you respond?
4) If you have been through a wall, briefly share one way it impacted you and your view of God.
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.