Who do YOU say that I am? (Matt. 16:13-16).
What is in a name?
Jesus (Joshua in Hebrew) means Savior (Matt. 1:21).
1) Christ (Messiah in Hebrew) means the Anointed One.
2) The suffering Servant of Isaiah 53
Confession of Jesus as Lord
YHWH (God's name for Israel) means the Lord.
1) Jesus' own Claim:
The Great I AM of Exodus 3:14 in John 8:58
David's Lord (Matt. 22:43-45; cf. Ps. 110:1)
Supreme authority based on His resurrection (Matt. 28:18)
2) Paul's claim: A divine person of the OT monotheistic God
Christological redefinition of monotheism (1 Cor. 8:4-6; cf. Deut. 6:4)
Monotheism still preserved (Rom. 3:30; Gal. 3:20)
Identified as the Lord of the OT (Rom. 10:13; cf. Joel 2:32)
The High Christology
The Bible's eschatological claims of Jesus as…
1) Judge of the dead and the living (Matt. 7:21-22)
2) Lord of all (Acts 10:36; Eph. 1:20-23; Phil. 2:9-11)
Jesus is asking each one of us: "Who do YOU say I am?"
Come join us at our English service of the International Church in Yangon!
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.