“His Name is Jealous”
God’s jealousy is our shield; it is our promise of eternal protection and passionate exclusivity. God is saying that you are mine, nothing can threaten this relationship. It is our confidence that the divine Lover will win His bride.
Jealousy points to a truth within us. That is, we desire to be loved, accepted, understood, and embraced by our beloved, and this union must not be threatened by anyone else, but remains forever. Those things are fundamental needs for human being.
When our hearts are turned to God, Jealousy points to a truth “I am His.” By knowing this truth “I am His”, our fundamental needs will be satisfied.
Our God is Emmanuel, God with us. His name is Jealous.
Read this sermon...
For Lifenet groups and personal reflection
1) God’s name is Jealousy. How does this truth stretch or challenge your understanding of God?
2) God’s jealousy is our shield. Why and how? What does it mean for you?
3) - What kind of pattern do you have when you feel jealousy?
- In what kind of situations do you feel jealousy?
- How have you been dealing with jealousy so far?
- How have you been filling the emptiness in your heart so far?
4) “I am His.” If this is true (and it is actually true), what would you change in your daily life? You might think about your schedule, relationship, habit, priority or future plan, or what you value, etc.
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life