"God’s Workmanship" (Eph. 2:8-10)
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Eph. 2:8-10).
1. To boast the cross
We were heading straight for destruction, dead in sins, but God saved us and made us alive! That is only by the cross of Christ, by God’s grace. If we don’t boast about it, what else can we boast? As God’s workmanship we boast about the cross (Gal. 6:14).
2. To boast about our weaknesses
3. To fight against destruction
4. To love Jesus
5. To receive love to love others
For personal reflection
1) How does understanding grace help you not to go back to the old life, and to fight against destruction?
2) Have you seen God's power revealed through/in your weaknesses before? How did it happen? What was your feeling in that time? What can you learn from it?
3) Read Luke 7:36-47. Think about the feelings and thoughts of the woman: (1) when she decided to do it, (2) while she was doing it, and (3) while she was listing to the conversation between Jesus and Peter.
4) The message suggested five good works. Which work among them do you want to make more active in your life? Why? What will you do for that? What help do you need? Whom will you ask for the help?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
Connect with us: www.facebook.com/nlifygn
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life