Series of "The Call to Undivided Intemacy," studying the Ten Commandments
#10 “Freedom Makes Love Possible” (Exodus 20:13)
1. Created in the Image of God
2. The Meaning of Murder
3. Love is the Fulfilment of the Law
Read this sermon....
For Self-Reflection and Small Groups
1. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Think of a situation where you observe the commandment “Don’t murder” legalistically, but you are not loving like in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
2. In Galatians 5:19-21 the works of the flesh (sinful nature) are listed. How do these works of the flesh hinder us from loving?
3. (1) How do you see people and evaluate them? What are your criteria? How did you learn those criteria?
(2) When we look at someone as one made in God’s image, how will this change our evaluation of the person?
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.