Series “Living in the In-Between”
“Embracing Grief and Loss”
(Psalm 42:1-3) (MP4)
Do you know what is the common experience for everyone? All people on this earth will die one day. The death is a part of being human. Denying death makes us less-human. And the other common experience is suffering losses, and it's a very part of normal life.
Today our topic is “Embracing Grief and Loss.” First, grief is a gift from God. Second, grief is where we can meet God. Third, grief is a mark of a wounded healer.
For LifeNet groups and personal reflection:
1) Briefly share one loss you have experienced in the last one year. How has this loss impacted you?
2) How do you tend to react to loss or painful incidents? Where did you learn it?
3) How can grief be a place where we can meet God? How important is it for our spiritual maturity?
4) “The wounds of Jesus are a part of his identity. They tell us who he is. (John 20:27)” What kind of message may our experiences of loss, pain, grief speak to others?
5) Read Psalm 43:1-3. How does this Psalm express your feeling or your situation? What does this Psalm speak to you?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.