“Bring honor to His name”
“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain” (NASB).
It tells us to take God’s name seriously with full honor and the highest respect, because he is great and awesome. Otherwise, we will end up losing our intimate relationship with him. We won’t glorify him, and we will also damage our self-worth as his children.
For LifeNet groups and personal reflection.
1. How is the name of God misused in our society? Think about a case of Using it meaninglessly, or Underestimating God, or Empty calling, or Making others afraid of God.
2. Have you ever used God’s name in vain? How?
3. Read Matthew 18:15-35.
1) V.35 is the conclusion. What does it say?
2) For considering this conclusion, how can we use the authority of “loosing and binding”? (see v.18-20). Who will decide whether to loose or to bind? What is the danger of binding - unforgiving?
3) What is the difference between praying for forgiveness with other believers, and doing it alone? Imagine if you do it with a prayer partner, what would be your thoughts and feelings while praying to forgive someone? What kind of role may the partner play for you?
4) How would you use the name of God to bring honor to Him?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Come and join our English Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.