the series of “The Call to Undivided Intimacy” studying the Ten Commandments
#5 "Bring Honor to God's Name" (Exodus 20:7)
1. The Name of God
2. Using His Name in Vain
3. Calling God “Father”
4. Bring Honor to God's Name
Read this sermon...
For Self-Reflection and small groups
1. How is the name of God misused in our society? Think about a case of Using it meaninglessly, or Underestimating God, or Empty calling, or Making others afraid of God.
2. Have you ever used God’s name in vain? How?
3. Read Matthew 18:15-35.
1) V.35 is the conclusion. What does it say?
2) For considering this conclusion, how can we use the authority of “loosing and binding”? (see v.18-20). Who will decide whether to loose or to bind? What is the danger of binding - unforgiving?
3) What is the difference between praying for forgiveness with other believers, and doing it alone? Imagine if you do it with a prayer partner, what would be your thoughts and feelings while praying to forgive someone? What kind of role may the partner play for you?
4) How would you use the name of God to bring honor to Him?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our Online worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.