“Be More God-Confident!”
Scripture: 1 Peter 4:10-11
How confident are we? Highly, moderate or low? What's the right kind of confidence? (Not confidence in self but in God)
Self-confidence is one of the keys to success in life.
The good news is that every one of us has every reason to be confident (in God's good purposes for our life, Romans 8:28). Out part is to trust and believe.
The root of the problem FEAR.
Fear of any kind has an effect on our confidence.
We might have fear of (1) failure, (2) being blamed, (3) rejection, (4) looking foolish, (5) what others may think/feel/say about us.
Sometimes, we have the opposite problem, too. We are driven by too much PRIDE. It is a wrong kind of confidence, when we are so consumed with our glory, so determined to prove our worth, so crushed by lack of success.
What’s needed – A SHIFT IN OUR FOCUS (from self-centeredness to God's purposes & the needs of Others).
Our purpose in life is to glorify God and to serve the needs of others.
Our main concern must be to just faithfully use our gifts for that purpose – confidently and humbly.
So, you don't just come to church as consumers but participants in the congregation in creating the vibrancy that will attract those multitudes out there who badly need to see it.
The difference God-confidence can make
1. Your self-image will grow stronger, because you will focus more on how God views you rather than what everyone else might be thinking or saying about you. (Philippians 1:6; 2:12-13)
2. Instead of comparing yourself to others all the time, you will shift your focus to how you could best serve Christ’s purposes today. (Ephesians 2:10)
3. You will stop procrastinating.
4. You’ll find yourself working harder to offer your best to God, because you feel so grateful.
5. You will make a conscious decision to trust that God will do good things through you. (Philippians 4:13; 2 Corinthians 4:7)
Trust in God's calling and presence in your life (Philippians 1:6)
You have every reason to be confident. God has called you to serve him in various ways and to be in loving relationships that honor him and bring joy to you and others. You must believe that and believe that God has given or will give you whatever you need to be able to fulfill his good purposes for your life. That is the proper basis for confidence in all that you do. Everything else needs to be built upon that solid foundation.
Come worship with us at this English service of our Yangon International Congregation!
|New Life International Fellowship of Yangon, Myanmar||
experiencing the life