Sermon series "The Tree of Life" on the Pentateuch #2
"Life for Service" (Genesis 12:2-3)
"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, 14 for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. ... 18 She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed." (Prov 3 13:14)
A Jew Rabbi, Ari Kahn says, “Torah is as accessible as the fruit of a tree, and as mysterious as the most inscrutable Divine decree.”
Today, I’ll cover the other four books; Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. We’ll look at a very simple outline for each book, and take the essential lessons for our Christian life.
Read this sermon...
1. How is your daily rhythm like currently? Is Jesus the center of your day? How do you spend time with the Word? How would you craft a new rhythm?
2. In which part of you do you need the grace of Jesus? Make it specific. How would you receive his grace? Is there anything that is keeping you from his grace?
3. The ACTS prayer is the four steps guideline for prayer; (A) Adoration, (C) Confession, (T) Thanksgiving, and (S) Supplication. In which area do you usually pray most and least? Try to follow the ACTS prayer this week.
4. Is there any person you often talk to others about? Who is the person for you? How did you develop the relationship? How are you enjoying the relationship? Now, what about your relationship with Jesus?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our online live Sunday service.
Series on the Pentateuch #1
“The Tree of Life”
“The Tree of Life” (Genesis 2:9)
1. The Tree of Life
2. The overview of the Pentateuch
4. The Cristian Essential (1)
Read this sermon…
1. If you had only 24 hours left to live, what would you do? Who would you spend your last day with?
2. If you were asked “Are you ready for heaven?” what would be your answer? Why would you think so?
3. How would you describe your relationship with God, the source of life? What keeps you from spending time with him in your everyday life? How would you make it better?
4. Read Psalm 1:2-3. What does it speak to you?
5. Suppose you can hear God’s voice; if you could ask God one question, what would you ask him? And, asking God that question, read the whole Bible through one year.
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our live online Sunday service.
“On the Cross and after that” (Acts 5:30-32)
1. Jesus is the King
2. Jesus had given all he had
3. Jesus received his cup
4. Jesus is alive
5. Jesus shows his nail-pierced hands
Read this sermon...
1. The Roman soldiers just desired things before their eyes, and got only a little material gain from the cross of Jesus. What do you desire from the cross of Jesus?
2. On the cross, Jesus received the sour wine, and the cup became empty. What does it mean to you?
3. When Thomas heard from other disciples that they met the resurrected Jesus, he couldn’t believe it. Imagine what he was thinking.
- Jesus appeared and said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side.” If you were him, what would you think?
4. Have you ever had an experience in which you felt you “encountered” Jesus, or he revealed himself to you? What was it?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our online service.
“The Power of Praise” (Matthew 21:7-16)
(Video ) (PDF)
1. Praise connects us to God
2. Praise brings us His strength
3. Praise unveils the greatness of God
4. Praise opens the door of hope
Read this sermon
For self-reflection and LifeNet group
1. What is your favorite hymn/praise and worship song? How does God empower you with the song? Share your story with others.
2. When we praise the Lord, we launch His great power.
- Against what kind of situation or problem or issue, would you like to proclaim “my God is mightier than you”?
- What kind of empowerment do you need for your faith today?
- What kind of thoughts prevent you from praising God?
3. How are you practicing the Sabbath? What do you need to change in order for you to craft your daily rhythm centering around the Word of God, the fellowship with God?
NLIF is an international church in Yangon. Join our live online Sunday worship service.
We are an evangelical congregation emphasizing Bible centered and Spirit-empowered living. We hope to be a blessing to you.